I absolutely love PowerPoint, it is truly my forte. Recently I FINALLY stepped out of the box (in my mind) and completed something I have been wanting to try for a while. I made a video from Powerpoint slides, added music and it came out beautiful.
I used the following process:
- Created the presentation as I normally would.
- Created a presentation show with transitions between the slides so that it can be utilized in that manner.
- Save the presentation as pictures in the .jpg format. Make sure to say yes to all slides.
- Uploaded the slides into Windows Movie Maker.
- Select and dragged each slide into the Storyboard
- Select and dragged a different transition in between each slide
- Uploaded music…after many changes I found a nice jazz selection
- Hit play to preview what it looked like and especially the flow and the timing.
- Adjusted each slide to extend the time a slide would stay visible to ensure enough time to read the slide. This may take a moment because you have to keep adjusting to make it just right
- Once it was completed, played the entire presentation and read each slide as if it was the first time. Continue to correct timing.
- Publish it. Note there are a few options…In this case I chose for it to be HD quality so that it would look good on others computer screens. The publish was quick, it took about 10 minutes.
Waala….the video was completed, uploaded to You Tube and few other places so that others can view it. I love using You Tube because of the options and colors available for the player, embedded the code into a website. We now have video and it works perfectly.
As I said earlier, this was a goal/vision that I wanted and now I have sooo many more creative ideas that I can’t wait to work on….Look out world…more is coming soon! What have you been using PowerPoint for? Please share and comment below…
If you’d like to see the video I created…check it out below: