You own a business, you have a Fan Page, but your “work” on your personal profile takes us to a community page that no one “Likes” right? There is nothing there and no options to do anything with it…….b o r i n g!
Wouldn’t you like to link that to your business fan page directly? .
Think of all the profiles that are out there of people that own Fan Pages and when you go to click “work” on their personal profile it takes you to a blank community page, I honestly don’t see the benefit of them yet. This should not take any longer than 15 minutes, Let’s make this change!
- First note the exact name of your page, note the “name” of your page. Not the id or link, you will need the name including spaces, dashes, etc.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click profile on your personal page.
- Underneath your name and slightly to the right, click “Edit Profile”.
- Select Education and Work on the left hand side.
- Click Edit on the right
- Locate the box that reads “Employer.” Click inside the text box to place your cursor and type the exact name of the fan page.
- Press “Enter” to open the employment details.
- At the top of the Employment Details page to see the name of the employer. Hopefully you will see your fan page, as well as the icon for your fan page. If you don’t see it, delete the employer and try again. Again, you have to use the exact “name” of the page.
- Complete any additional work information in the available boxes and “Save.”
Select and view your profile. You will now see your business fan page as a link on your personal profile. Test it and see.
As you know Facebook is always changing and if the instructions above do not work for you…Here is a video someone shared with me that helped her. I hope it helps you. I am planning to update the written instructions as well, but here is another option:
Don’t you love it – join my fan page…it’s still a work in progress..but I would love to include you in the exciting future I have planned for it.
Did it work? I’d love to hear how it works out and of course please let me know if you need my assistance.